By writing a marketing plan you will be able to combine the various avenues you are going to use to market your business. It will keep you focussed on being systematic in your approach.
Before you start writing you will need to remember the What, How, and When of the elements of your plan. Start with the objectives and work back. Then you can fill in the six key paragraphs of the plan.
- Thoroughly research your market and present an analysis;
- State those goals that you want your business to reach;
- Define those crucial strategies you will use;
- Break the process of achieving your goals into small, manageable chunks, and write out each step;
- Cost out the marketing channels you have decided to use and if necessary revisit them to bring them within an affordable budget. Put down a figure for that budget with its sources.
- Finally put a timeline to the steps you defined earlier.
Like your business plan, this section of it should be visited frequently and updated as necessary. For example, as your business changes you may need to adjust your marketing strategies.
If you need assistance with this part of your business plan the appropriate area of your state government will no doubt be able to provide you with advice and templates.
Terence Kierans CAVB (Certified Australian Virtual Business)
Principal, Cyberspace Virtual Services
PO Box 93 Quinns Rocks, Western Australia 6030
http://www.virtualservices.com.au – Experience the Difference
http://vacertified.com/client-info/ – First in the World to be VA Certified (and you can benefit)
http://www.avbn.com.au – Australian Virtual Business Network—You Deserve the Best®
http://a4vb.com.au/ – Alliance for Virtual Businesses, Australian Chapter—Supporting the Future of Business Through Innovative Ideas
http://www.ivaa.org – International Virtual Assistants Association—Your Worldwide connection to Virtual Professionals®
2011 Constant Contact™ All Star Award
2007 Thomas Leonard International VA of Distinction Award Nominee
Use our skills to help you succeed
Tel: 61 8 9304 6983 Fax: 61 8 6230 5156 Mobile: 61 414 25 1091 UK Residents: 07092391723
Find any document in 15 seconds or less